|Luh Kel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 2002|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Luh Kel is an American singer and songwriter who became an internet sensation after releasing his single Wrong on April 5, 2019, through his YouTube channel. The video racked up more than 400,000 views in its first day and more than 70 million views as of January 2020, and accumulated more than 200,000 subscribers for the channel. The song inspired a viral dance trend on TikTok and also got certified “Gold” by RIAA. Follow-up singles BRB and Pull Up only boosted Kel’s momentum, leading to the 2019 mid-November release of his debut project, Mixed Emotions.
LifeWLuhKel, Luh Kel
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Music Producer
- Siblings – He has an older and a younger sibling.
He is represented by London Smith.
Hip Hop, R&B
Vocals, Keyboards, Piano, Sampler
Cinematic Music Group
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Tyeler Reign
- Famous Ocean (2020-Present) – In 2020, Luh Kel started dating rapper and social media star, Famous Ocean.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Eyebrows plucked off at the sides (intentional)
- Thin mustache
Luh Kel Favorite Things
- Pastime – Traveling
- Travel Destination – New York
- Influences – Usher, Chris Brown, PnB Rock, Tank
- The Artist He Considers To Be The King Of R&B – Justin Bieber
- Dream Collaboration – A song with Justin Bieber
- Best Piece Of Advice – To stay focused on work and not to get distracted too much with other things
Source – Spotify, Genius, TheKnockturnal.com, HipHopDx
Luh Kel Facts
- He began singing when he was only 2 years old.
- He has been the lead vocalist of the St. Louis-based band ProjecX in the past.
- He has disclosed that he teased the song Wrong for 7 months, lying about when it was dropping until it was ready at last.
- He had released a snippet of the song Wrong that was written by himself and produced by BubbaGotBeatz on his Instagram account when his fans took it using the music video app TikTok and created a dance challenge. Soon afterward, cinematic CEO and producer Jonny Shipes contacted Kel through Instagram and collaborated on the music production for the music video along with fellow producer 11VN.
- More than 5 million TikTok videos were created for the number Wrong and that also helped it to reach its viral success.
- His song Wrong has been featured on some of the most coveted playlists and has been ranked Top 10 on the most esteemed platforms including Apple Music’s R&B chart, Audiomack’s R&B Top 50 chart, SoundCloud’s R&B Top 50 chart, and Spotify’s Global Viral chart.
- He has frequently posted singing videos on his Instagram account.
- He has entered Billboard’s Emerging Artists Chart at #15 and has been one of the hottest stars out of St. Louis while still being in high school.
- He has more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
- Kel once was in an odd situation when his own mother showed up to put him through the lie detector test mainly to find out if he ever slipped in a female friend into their house without taking her permission, among other things.
Featured Image by Luh Kel / Instagram