|Irrfan Khan Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1967|
|Date of Death||April 29, 2020|
Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan
Irrfan Khan was born on January 7, 1967.
Irrfan died on April 29, 2020, at the age of 53 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India due to a colon infection.
Jaipur, Tonk Rajasthan, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Irrfan Khan earned a full scholarship at the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi whilst he was still studying for his master’s degree in Arts in 1984.
- Father – Sahabzade Yaseen Ali Khan
- Mother – Sayeeda Begum
- Siblings – Salman Khan (Younger Brother), Imran Khan (Younger Brother), Rukhsana Begum (Younger Sister)
Irrfan Khan was managed by –
- The Gersh Agency, Inc. (U.S.)
- Sunny Shah
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Irrfan Khan had dated –
- Sutapa Sikdar (1995-2020) – Sutapa Sikdar is a dialogue writer in Bollywood films and is a fellow graduate of NSD. Sutapa met Irrfan when they both were students at NSD. They got married on February 23, 1995, in a simple court marriage ceremony. The couple had two sons named Babil and Ayan.
Race / Ethnicity
He has had Pathan Indian ancestry.
- Chiseled face
- Dimpled cheeks
Irrfan Khan did endorsement work for the following brands –
- Resurgent Rajasthan
- Envy 1000 deodorant
- Lift Perfume Body Spray
- Edelweiss Group
- LU Bakeri Nankhatai (2017)
Best Known For
His natural acting style and versatility of character portrayal in Bollywood and Hollywood cinema
Irrfan made his theatrical film debut in the role of a letter-writer in the drama movie Salaam Bombay! in 1988.
First TV Show
In 1987, Irrfan made his first television show appearance on Shrikant.
Irrfan Khan was not very particular about his diet plans. However, he did believe in the concept of moderation.
Irrfan Khan Favorite Things
- Game – 8 Ball Pool
- English Roles – The Namesake, In Treatment
- Movies Worked In – Haasil, The Warrior, Maqbool, Life in a Metro, The Namesake, Slumdog Millionaire, Mighty Heart, Billu, Dil Kabaddi, 7 Khoon Maaf, Thank You, Paan Singh Tomar
- Cuisine – Thai
- Tom Hanks Movie – Apollo 13
- Bollywood Actresses – Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra
- Bollywood Actors – Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh
- Hotel – Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat
- Hollywood Actors – Philip Seymour Hoffman, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino
Source – Twitter, TheStar.com, Glamsham.com, NDTV Food, Bollywood Life, Outlook India, Open
Irrfan Khan Facts
- He was approached for a memoir on his life in 2013. However, he denied the offer.
- His family had a business in tires.
- Irrfan’s mother was from a royal lineage.
- He had almost given up acting in the 90s because he felt that soap operas made his career stagnant.
- When he decided to shift base to Mumbai, he worked as a repairman for air conditioners. He visited superstar Rajesh Khanna’s house for the air conditioner servicing.
- He changed the spelling of his name to Irrfan because he was fond of the way the extra ‘r’ sounded.
- Irrfan used to do intensive research before accepting any project, which involved staying up late and taking notes to understand the character he was expected to portray.
- He was awarded the 4th highest civilian honor, the Padma Shri award for his contribution to the field of cinema and arts in 2011.
- He was a fuss-free eater and prefers vegetarian food.
- Irrfan was an avid reader and enjoyed reading books.
- Follow Irrfan on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0