|Daniel Dae Kim Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1968|
|Spouse||Mia Haeyoung Rhee|
Daniel Dae Kim is a talented South Korean actor, voice actor, and producer. He is known for his roles in Hellboy, Always Be My Maybe, The Jackal, Space Retro, Cradle 2 the Grave, Hulk, Spider-Man 2, The Shield, Lost, Hawaii Five-0, and The Good Doctor. He is the founder of the production company, 3AD. Daniel has an MFA degree from NYU’s Graduate Acting Program. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 300k followers on Twitter.
Daniel Dae Kim, DDK
Busan, South Korea
- Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
Daniel Dae Kim studied in Freedom High School, in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Later, he attended Haverford College in Pennsylvania and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Theatre and Political Science in 1990.
After that, he joined NYU‘s Graduate Acting Program and earned his MFA in 1996.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer
- Father – Doo Tae Kim (Doctor)
- Mother – Jung Kim
Daniel Dae Kim is managed by –
- Anonymous Content, Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Erika Kauffman, Publicist, EPR Publicity, California, United States
- SidusHQ, Talent Management Agency, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Dae Kim has dated –
- Mia Haeyoung Rhee – Daniel dated Mia Haeyoung Rhee for a while before tying the knot on June 12, 1993. They are blessed with 2 sons named Zander (b. 1996) and Jackson.
Race / Ethnicity
- Well defined cheekbones
- Sharp squared jawlines
- Toned physique
Daniel Dae Kim has either endorsed or appeared in commercials for brands like –
- AT&T (2002)
- Real California Cheese
- Clinique For Men
Best Known For
His numerous roles in films including Hellboy (2019) as Ben Daimio, Always Be My Maybe (2019) as Brandon Choi, Hulk (2003) as Aide, and Spider-Man 2 (2004) as Raymond; and in TV series like Lost (2004–2010) as Jin-Soo Kwon, Hawaii Five-0 (2010–2017) as Chin Ho Kelly, Angel (2001–2003) as Gavin Park, 24 (2003–2004) as Tom Baker, and The Good Doctor as Dr. Han
In 1991, he made his theatrical film debut in the action film American Shaolin as Gao.
In 2013, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor by lending his voice for the character of the Great Counselor Otomo in the English version of the animated drama film The Tale of The Princess Kaguya.
First TV Show
In 1992, he made his first TV show appearance on the crime-drama series Unsolved Mysteries as Su-Ya’s Brother-In-Law.
In 2006, he made his TV show debut as a voice actor in the animated action series Avatar: The Last Airbender as General Fong.
Daniel Dae Kim works out for 30 minutes every day. He adjusts his workout routine according to his daily schedule. He would either go for a hard 3-mile run, or do the 30 minutes of a workout DVD, or do the body-weight exercises with home equipment like pull-up bars and dip bars. Daniel is a firm believer of stretching in keeping the muscles young. He goes for yoga and Pilates classes a few times a week. Apart from that, he plays tennis and golf occasionally.
As for his diet, he maintains a clean seafood diet with sushi. He is more into consuming lean protein, which helps to keep a tab on his calorie intake.
Daniel Dae KimFavorite Things
- Hike On Hawaii Island – Maunawili Falls
- Restaurant – Lee Anne Wong’s restaurants
Source – HonoluluMagazine.com
Daniel Dae KimFacts
- His parents moved to the United States when he was a year old, and he grew up in Easton, Pennsylvania.
- During his initial struggling days when he only got small parts in plays and had to write and perform in an improv comedy group, he considered changing his career to investment banking.
- In 2005, People Magazine named him as one of the sexiest men alive on their list.
- Although, South Korean by birth, Daniel wasn’t fluent in the language and had to re-learn speaking Korean fast for his character Jin Kwon on Lost (2004-2010).
- In 2013, Daniel founded the production company, 3AD.
- He has worked as an executive producer for The Good Doctor and Ms. Purple (2019).
- He has a Shiba Inu dog named Kona.
- Daniel has been featured in many magazines like Seoul Daily News, Los Angeles Times, Da Man, HILuxury, TV Guide, Rafu Magazine, and Entertainment Weekly, among others.
- Visit his official website @ danieldaekim.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ewen Roberts / Flickr / CC BY-2.0