|Cobie Smulders Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1982|
Cobie Smulders is a Canadian actor, producer, former model, and voice actor who is known for her television roles like playing Robin Scherbatsky in the sitcom How I Met Your Mother, Juliet Droil in the adventure drama series Veritas: The Quest, Mrs. Quagmire in the black comedy-drama series A Series of Unfortunate Events, Lisa Turner in the comedy series Friends from College, Maria Hill in the action adventure-drama series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Dexadrine “Dex” Parios in the crime drama series Stumptown, Ann Coulter in the true-crime anthology series Impeachment: American Crime Story, and Leigh Ostin in the drama series The L Word. In addition to that, Cobie Smulders has also been cast in several movies like The Avengers, The Lego Movie, They Came Together, Safe Haven, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Spider-Man: Far From Home, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, Cicada, The Intervention, Avengers: Endgame, Killing Gunther, Alright Now, The Long Weekend, The Slammin’ Salmon, and Literally, Right Before Aaron.
Jacoba Francisca Maria Smulders
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, California, United States
Cobie attended Lord Byng Secondary School, Vancouver, British Columbia and completed her education with honors distinction in 2000.
Actor, Producer, Voice Actor, Former Model
- Siblings – Julie (Sister), Fiona (Sister), Amy (Sister), Melissa (Sister), Adam (Brother), Mark (Brother), Scott (Brother)
- Others – Emile Joseph Marie Smulders (Paternal Grandfather), Alida F.J.M. van der Lande (Paternal Grandmother)
Cobie Smulders has been signed with –
- United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Fourward, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth has been $25 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cobie has dated –
- Taran Killam (2007-Present) – American actor, comedian, and TV series How I Met Your Mother co-star, Taran Killam is the one with whom Smulders started dating back in 2007. The couple engaged in January 2009. On May 14, 2009, the couple had a daughter named – Shaelyn Cado Killam. The couple’s second child, daughter Joelle was born in January 2015. Taran and Cobie married on September 8, 2012, in Solvang, California, United States.
Race / Ethnicity
Cobie Smulders is of Dutch descent on her father’s side and has English roots on her maternal side.
34-23-33 in or 87-58.5-84 cm
Cobie is of Dutch-British descent and might be worshipping the Jewish religion.
Best Known For
Her role as Robin Scherbatsky on the TV series How I Met Your Mother and Maria Hill in The Avengers.
2004 film Walking Tall for her role as “Eye Candy”. But, she is best known for starring in The Avengers as Maria Hill in 2012.
First TV Show
Cobie did appear in a comedy TV series Special Unit 2 in 2002 in season 2, episode 1- “The Wish”.
However, she is best known as Robin Scherbatsky for starring in How I Met Your Mother.
Cobie Smulders had the most challenging role in The Avengers as she is more comfortable with comedy rather than action roles. She had a trainer for her role in The Avengers, who prepared her physically, like how to hold the gun and how to fit in that role. She did daily 30-minute push-ups, followed by boxing but only 3 times a week. Finally, a trainer used to visit her house just 1 or 2 times a week.
Cobie Smulders Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Macaroni, Cheese, Sushi. She said she could list 30 things.
- Favorite TV Programs – Flight of the Conchords (2007), Friday Night Lights (2006)
- Favorite Movies – Milk (2008), The Princess Bride (1987)
- Favorite Travel Destination – Anywhere, she can scuba dive
- Favorite Gift so far – Engagement Ring from Taran Killam
Cobie Smulders Facts
- She got her nickname “Cobie” from her great-aunt Jacoba.
- Cobie Smulders hated modeling.
- If she was not an actress, she would be in the field of medicine and marine biology.
- Cobie was voted no. 65 in Maxim’s Hot 100 list of Women in 2012.
- As a model, she has worked in Africa, Japan, Greece, Germany, France, America, Italy, and others.
- Cobie Smulders is a certified scuba diver.
- She has participated in various sports like swimming, rugby, and tennis when in school.
- She can speak fluent French.
- She was voted “Most Respected” by her classmates in high school.
- Her father is Dutch and her mother is English.
- She has 7 siblings.
- When Cobie was 25, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She underwent numerous surgeries to remove the two tumors from her ovaries.
- Cobie had appeared at no. 59 in AskMen’s Top 99 Most Desirable Women of 2012.
- For her role in Stumptown, she was nominated for a Critics’ Choice Super Award in the “Best Actress in a Superhero Series” category in 2021.